The risks of fractures, vascular events and death rise with increasing baseline PTH levels, with the probability of vascular events and death being lowest at 69 and 59 pg/mL (7.3 and 6.3 pmol/L), respectively.8
Welcome to SHPT Challenges
This website contains information about secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT). It is intended to provide information to an international audience outside of the USA.
Are you sure you want to leave?
SHPT is associated
in patients with
Loss of mineral
homeostasis due to renal
failure leads to:3,4
- Parathyroid gland hyperplasia
- Bone and cardiovascular complications
- SHPT occurs in CKD as early as stage 22
- The prevalence and severity of SHPT
increase with declining kidney function2
- SHPT and abnormal calcium and phosphorus are frequently observed from stage 3 CKD2